Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Newest Blog

This is my new blog for everything I can think of know of or want to know of Appalachian.

I was born in WV, but my mothers people have lived in Far Southwest Virginia for 200+ years... and my father people are from Western North Carolina [also Appalachian] for just about as long... the only branch of the family not from either area came to Appalachia in the late 1880's due to the opening of the coalfields and the advent of the railroad.

I have worked on Genealogy for my family lines for the past 28 years [off and on] and now manage several web pages for everything from grave stone listings to USGENWEB counties to personal genealogy sites.

I don't know everything I post, but I hope to make this the other side of me... My other blog is all things University of Virginia and knitting [two of my passions]

No comments: