Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time... well who has it

I don't seem to find the time to post as often as I would like... Even my primary blog suffers... Facebook, Ravelry, Blogging here and at THE KNITTING WAHOO and then well Life it's self... we have definately become a digital world...

I have just finished my first foray into Historical knitting. I made this scarf.. and could imagine at least some of my ancestors wearing it.

Since my last post.. I have found many more Ancestors who fought for the Confederacy... I currently am the Vice President of a local Daughters of the Confederacy [UDC] group and have 6 supplementals as well as my primary ancestor. Earlier this month I submitted my 7th supplemental on another of my Litchford ancestors and I plan to submit on two of my Mason uncles and yet another Litchford in the coming months... Then I will be getting back to Tazewell County with the Brooks, Bowlings and whoever else I can "dig up".... I had often wondered why some of the women in my family are so "strong willed".. well when I learned how many had lost there husbands and had to raise their children alone.. I got a better idea of why many of the women in my family were raised to stand up for themselves.

No comments: